Self-Regulation Strategies & Techniques: In-Session Demonstrations for Calming Children with Autism, ADHD and Sensory Processing Disorder
Learn self-regulation strategies through live demonstrations taught by occupational therapist, international speaker and author, Teresa Garland. With the help of children with and without autism, Garland has created a collection of interventions that can be used to help any child get calm and stay calm. Included are self-regulating techniques for children of any age with autism, ADHD and sensory processing disorder to be used in the clinic, school and home. Watch and learn how these techniques are used successfully with children and how they react before and after calming scenarios.
Discover over 35 effective interventions including:
- Breathing techniques
- Physical activities
- Sensory strategies
- Environment changes
- Structure for school or home setting
- Weighted blankets and balls
- Effective timeouts
- Meditative activities
- Child massage
- Sleep improvement strategies
- Ways to recover from excitement
- Describe seven on-the-spot techniques for calming a child.
- Show 10 ways to use slow or fast physical activity to regulate a child.
- Demonstrate a four-minute stretching routine to get rid of wiggles.
- Identify five ways to make use of weighted objects for calming.
- Describe five ways to help a child transition from one place or activity to another.
- List eight sensory strategies to help keep a child calm and regulated at school, at home or in the clinic.
- Over 35 video clips showing children age 2 - 13, with and without autism engaged in calming activities
- Clips include:
- Practical methods for calming any child on-the spot
- Techniques to keep a child with autism calm as he or she transitions from one place or activity to another
- Exercise and other activities to increase a child’s ability to stay calm for long periods of time.
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Teresa Garland, MOT, OTR/L, is an occupational therapist and author specializing in sensory and modulation issues. She has worked in schools, sensory clinics and medical settings with children and adults, treating sensory disorders, ADHD and autism. Ms. Garland works closely with other health professionals, teachers and doctors to understand and treat underlying sensory, timing, and coordination/motor planning issues as well as overlying socio/emotional behaviors in the symptoms of autism. She is trained/certified in the SIPT, Interactive Metronome®, Integrated Listening Systems (iLs), Therapeutic Listening, Wilbarger’s Sensory Defensiveness, the Natural Heart Approach, Mindfulness Training, and Food Chaining. Her bestselling books are titled Self-Regulation Interventions and Strategies: Keeping the Body, Mind and Emotions on Task in Children with Autism, ADHD or Sensory Disorders and Hands-on Activities for Children with Autism & Sensory Disorders.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe.
Individual Training Pack 1 CPD Hour – £33.00