Join Linda Curran for the full one-on-one interview with trauma expert, Bessel van der Kolk. Staggeringly brilliant, yet extraordinarily personable, Dr. van der Kolk shares with clinicians the current state of trauma treatment. Gain an understanding of the research, clinical applications and the latest findings in neuroscience. Hear firsthand about the upcoming DSM-5 Diagnoses and Disorders (including the all-important - Developmental Trauma Disorder), along with the most effective and promising treatment modalities available to clinicians today.
- Describe biological nature of trauma; how trauma is stored in the body and limbic system, creating physical and psychological symptoms
- List the symptoms of trauma-hyperarousal; affect dysregulation; dissociation, body memories and "flashbacks"
- List two current modalities for effectively reprocessing traumatic material
- Differentiate among the following:
- Developmental Trauma Disorder
- Simple Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and/or Disorders of Extreme Stress NOS
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Bessel A. van der Kolk, M.D., is a clinical psychiatrist who has studied the impact and resolution of trauma on human beings for the past 40 years. His research has ranged from developmental impact of trauma to neuroimaging and from memory processes to the use of EMDR and theatre groups in PTSD. He is professor of psychiatry at Boston University School of Medicine and medical director of the Trauma Centre in Boston, where he also serves as director of the National Centre for Child Traumatic Stress Complex Trauma Network. He is past president of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies. He has taught at universities and hospitals throughout the world. He is author of over a hundred scientific articles, author of Psychological Trauma and co-editor of Traumatic Stress.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe.
Individual Training Pack 1 CPD Hour – £30.00