"My basic approach to therapy is very much that of problem solving. I see that people come into therapy with a whole myriad of different problems, and yet do not know how to solve some simple ones. And quite often simple solutions can have a tremendous, reverberating, positive effect." © Arnold Lazarus
See the master psychotherapist Dr. Arnold Lazarus apply his Multimodal Therapy model as he consults with two clinicians:
- Jurgen, an experienced psychodynamic-oriented psychotherapist, presents the case of a recently divorced 38-year-old woman who constantly pulls him to put out fires.
- Marlou, a new psychotherapist, presents the case of a mother who is struggling to connect with her teenage foster son.
Multimodal Therapy (MMT) is a form of Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy based on social and cognitive learning theory, and practical problem-solving methods. MMT integrates techniques from a broad range of therapeutic disciplines, and is based on the assumption that most psychological problems are multifaceted, multidetermined and multilayered.
By watching this video, you will:
- Understand how challenging and complex cases can benefit from simple solutions and problem-solving.
- Learn how to apply Dr. Lazarus' unique and effective ideas to your work with clients you are struggling with.
- See how Dr. Lazarus' consults using practical ideas and suggestions.
This is an Instructor Version and can be used for groups and training purposes.
Arnold Lazarus is the originator of Multimodal Therapy. The author of 18 books and hundreds of scholarly publications and the recipient of numerous awards (including American Psychological Association?s Distinguished Psychologist Award), Dr. Lazarus is internationally regarded as a psychotherapist, writer, teacher, and clinical innovator.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe (excluding Poland).
Organisational Training Pack - £99.95