Given the proliferation of books and techniques related to trauma, it is difficult to find what really works. In this expertly produced DVD you will learn the very latest evidenced-based treatments for trauma from the world’s leading experts.
- Donald Meichenbaum, Ph.D. is one of the founders of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and was voted one of the top ten most influential therapist of the 20th century. Dr. Meichenbaum will discuss how CBT is evolving and how it can be used to conquer post traumatic growth and to heal from their traumatic event.
- Edna Foa, Ph.D. is a Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania and the developer of Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE). She was named one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people for her work with PTSD in returning war veterans. She will explain how to use specific strategies in PE including imaginal exposure and vivo exposure to help clients confront their trauma and resolve their symptoms.
- Laurel Parnell, Ph.D. is one of the most recognizable experts in the field of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). The author of four books on the subject, this expert trainer and clinician will show you how to integrate EMDR into a client-centered approach to therapy. She takes EMDR out of the theoretical into the practical, client-focused realm. Dr. Parnell will explain how to make adjustments to EMDR that are imperative to helping clients deal with their trauma.
- Define evidence-based practice in psychology (EBPP).
- Explain the utility and limitations of research in clinical outcomes.
- Name and define three evidence-based modalities in the treatment of traumatic stress.
- Describe the role that cognitive behavioural therapy, prolonged exposure, and EMDR play in treating disorders of traumatic stress.
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Linda A. Curran, BCPC, LPC, CACD, CCDPD, EMDR Level II Trained, is president of Integrative Trauma Treatment, LLC in Havertown, PA. Currently she provides clients an integrative approach to trauma, and treats PTSD in adolescent and adult populations, including clients with eating disorders, sexual trauma, and self-injury. An international speaker on the treatment of trauma, Linda has developed, produced, and presents multi-media workshops in all aspects of psychological trauma.
Linda is the author of the best selling Trauma Competency: A Clinician's Guide (PPM, 2010) and newest book 101 Trauma-Informed Interventions (PPM, 2013). She is the producer of the best-selling Interview Trauma series DVD's in which she collaborated with the world's leaders in Trauma: Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.; Peter Levine, Ph.D.; Babette Rothschild, MSW, LCS; Stephen Porges, Ph.D.; Janina Fisher, Ph.D.; and many more.
Edna B. Foa, Ph.D., is a Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania and Director of the Centre for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety. D. Foa devoted her academic career to study the psychopathology and treatment of anxiety disorders, primarily obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and is currently one of the world's leading experts in these areas. Dr. Foa was the chair of the DSM-IV Subcommittee for OCD. She received her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and Personality from University of Missouri, Columbia, in 1970.
Dr. Foa has published several books and over 350 articles and book chapters and has lectured extensively around the world. Her work has been recognized with numerous awards and honours. Among them are: Distinguished Scientific Contributions to Clinical Psychology Award from the American Psychological Association; Lifetime Achievement Awardpresented by the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies; 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award presented by the Association for Behaviour and Cognitive Therapies; TIME 100 most influential people of the world; 2010 Lifetime Achievement in the Field of Trauma Psychology Award from the American Psychology Association; and Outstanding Career Achievement Award presented by the International OCD Foundation.
Dr. Donald Meichenbaum, is Distinguished Professor Emeritus, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada from which he took early retirement some 15 years ago to become Research Director of the Melissa Institute for Violence Prevention and Treatment of Victims of Violence in Miami. He is one of the founders of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and in a survey of clinicians reported in the American Psychologist he was voted “one of the 10 most influential psychotherapists of the 20th century”. He recently received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the clinical division of the American Psychological Association and he was Honorary President of the Canadian Psychological Association. He has presented in ALL 50 U.S. states and internationally. He has published extensively and most recently published Roadmap to Resilience: A guide for military, trauma victims and their families.
Among his other books are included Treatment of Individuals With Anger Control Problems And Aggressive Behaviour; Stress Inoculation Training; Facilitating Treatment Adherence And the Unconscious Reconsidered. He has consulted for various populations including veterans’ hospitals, with the National Guard, psychiatric treatment centres for children, adolescents and adults, treatment centre for individuals with traumatic brain injuries, torture victims, Native populations, deaf populations and school boards.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe.
Individual Training Pack 3 CPD hours – £99.00