Mindfulness is paying attention purposefully and without judgment to the present moment; mindful parenting is about bringing that quality of awareness to relationships with children of all ages. Guiding a live studio audience in an exploration of the fundamentals of mindful parenting, the Kabat-Zinns share how parents can practice and apply mindfulness for their own well-being and to enhance their relationships with their children. From getting the most out of ordinary moments in a family’s day, to navigating challenging situations, to creating a haven in the home, viewers will learn simple and profound ways to cultivate a deeper intimacy with the present moment, thereby deriving greater satisfaction out of the extraordinary enterprise of parenting.
Parents, step-parents, parent educators, and therapists will find this video filled with healing principles and highly practical tools. Conveniently organized segments, exercises, and slides make it easy to use for parent education classes and workshops.
By watching this video, you will be able to:
- Understand how to practice mindfulness and how it is relevant to parenting
- Identify the nine steps parents can use for responding rather than reacting in difficult situations
- Explain how to create a space in the home that reflects the family’s values
What we love about this video:
- Throughout the video there is a live studio audience of parents who ask relevant questions that real parents have. They also talk about the challenges and rewards of applying mindfulness to parenting, making for rich and lively discussions which viewers get to witness and learn from.
- There are several opportunities for viewers to practice what the Kabat-Zinns are teaching, including pauses on the video and guided mindfulness instruction.
- While prominent experts on the topic, both Jon and Myla come across as humble and grounded, and are gifted at making mindfulness both incredibly accessible and profoundly inspiring.
- Jon and Myla dispel many common myths about both mindfulness and parenting, leaving viewers with a sense of competence and confidence as well as a clear understanding of areas for growth.
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, is founding Executive Director of the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He is also the founding director of its renowned Stress Reduction Clinic and Professor of Medicine emeritus at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He teaches mindfulness and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) in various venues around the world. He received his Ph.D. in molecular biology from MIT in 1971 in the laboratory of Nobel Laureate, Salvador Luria.
He is the author of numerous scientific papers on the clinical applications of mindfulness in medicine and health care, and of a number of books for the lay public: Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness (Delta, 1991); Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life (Hyperion, 1994); Coming to Our Senses: Healing Ourselves and the World Through Mindfulness (Hyperion, 2005); and Arriving at Your Own Door: 108 Lessons in Mindfulness (Hyperion, 2007). He is also co-author, with his wife Myla, of Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting (Hyperion, 1997); and with Williams, Teasdale, and Segal, of The Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness (Guilford, 2007).
Myla Kabat-Zinn, BSN, RN, has worked as a childbirth educator, birthing assistant, and environmental advocate. She is co-author, with her husband Jon Kabat-Zinn, of Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting, (Hyperion, 1998).
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe (excluding Poland).
Individual Training Pack CPD 2 hours – £29.84