Counsellors new and experienced in treating clients with PTSD will learn valuable lessons on working with this challenging yet rewarding population.
In this video, experts Dr. Frank Ochberg and Dr. Angie Panos give new and experienced therapists insightful and thoughtful suggestions on how to explain the disorder to clients, which is the first essential step of treating PTSD. They elucidate the next stages and basic building blocks of PTSD treatment, as well as techniques for educating the significant others and caregivers of clients about the disorder. Their seasoned advice, presented in an accessible and supportive manner, will be appreciated by all therapists.
"This is a nice, concise, easy to watch DVD that is simple, yet profound... The gems that come from these two well-respected, seasoned PTSD experts...are well worth keeping."
Carl C. Bell, MD, President/CEO, Community Mental Health Council, Chicago, IL
"I cannot stress enough how very much my staff and I enjoyed this program… Frank Ochberg and Angie Panos encapsulated concisely and clearly the most important and salient treatment protocols for the therapist."
- Beverly J. Anderson, BCETS, Clinical Director, Metropolitan Police Employee Assistance Program, Washington, DC
By watching these videos, you'll be able to:
- Explain PTSD to clients in a therapeutic, supportive and informative way.
- Help your client understand what the treatment process for PTSD will entail.
- Begin the PTSD treatment process with greater understanding and confidence.
- Explain each step of the Counting Method technique.
- Use the counting method with PTSD clients who are ready to master their traumatic memories and flashbacks.
- Integrate Ochberg’s use of pacing, a steady and safe presence, and the therapeutic connection in your own work with clients with PTSD.
About Frank Ochberg, MD
Frank Ochberg, MD has been a leading authority on the treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder since the 1960s and helped define PTSD for its inclusion in the DSM. He has received many awards for his work, most recently the Lifetime Achievement Award from the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies. He founded Gift From Within and is currently a professor of psychiatry at Michigan State University.
About Angie Panos
Angie Panos is a licensed marriage and family therapist, and a licensed clinical social worker. She has more than twenty years of experience in traumatic stress treatment, dealing with war refugees, and victims of domestic violence, rape and child abuse.
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe (excluding Poland).
Individual Training Pack no CPD hours – £29.33