The Depression Project at the Ackerman Institute for the Family has pioneered a marital therapy approach that addresses the cultural gender “mandates” that predispose men and women to depression and undermine intimate relationships.
This emotionally compelling video features a series of real clinical sessions in which the Depression Project's treatment team works with a severely depressed couple to help reduce marital discord, alleviate each partner's feelings of despair, and bolster the couple's sense of competency and satisfaction within the marriage.
By watching this video you will learn to help couples:
- Restore a sense of connection as individuals and within the couple
- Redistribute and equalize responsibility in relationships
- Develop new skills and competencies in their work, family life, social interactions, and marital relations
- Modify stereotypic gender patterns that undermine the health of a relationship and exacerbate depression
By watching this video you will also learn:
- How men's and women's self-esteem is shaped by social and cultural forces
- The distinct elements that trigger depression in men and women
- The different ways husbands and wives of depressed partners handle their partner's depression
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Peggy Papp is a senior faculty member at the Ackerman Institute for the Family, and founder and Director of Ackerman's Depression and Gender Project. An internationally renowned therapist and presenter for her innovative contributions to family therapy, she is the author of the book The Process of Change, co-author of the book, The Invisible Web: Gender Patterns in Family Relationships, and editor of Couples on the Faultline: New Directions for Therapists.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe (excluding Poland).
Individual Training Pack CPD 1 hour – £28.69