Nutritional and Integrative Interventions for Mental Health Disorders: Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions for Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar & ADD.
Immediately implement these new tools into your clinical practice Nutritional interventions for therapeutic success 7 nutrients essential for neurotransmitter balance 4 habits that sabotage mental health 3 common hormonal imbalances commonly misdiagnosed as mental illness.
Anne Procyk, ND, teaches you how to think more holistically about diagnosis, nutritional deficiencies, and hormonal imbalances that may contribute to mental health disorders. Improve your clients’ mental health and accelerate your therapeutic results with non-pharmaceutical interventions to treat depression, anxiety, bipolar and ADD. You will learn the underlying causes and symptoms of these disorders, to more accurately diagnose and treat your clients.
Through case analysis, you will experience how addressing core physical and nutritional needs can greatly increase therapeutic results. You will discover the nutrients most essential to help treat your most depressed and anxious clients, and learn simple strategies that can replace pharmaceutical interventions. Complete this seminar recording with the tools and understanding necessary to immediately incorporate these strategies into your clinical practice.
- Explain chemical imbalance holistically.
- Describe how integrative interventions facilitate a deeper level of healing.
- Outline the nutrients critical for optimal brain function.
- Explain how improved nutrition improves therapeutic outcomes.
- Differentiate between mental illness and nutrition and hormonal imbalances.
- Apply nutritional and integrative strategies for assessing and treating depression, anxiety, bipolar, ADD.
- Describe the impact of hormones on mental health assessment and treatment.
- Summarize the impact of blood sugar and genetic variations on mental health disorders and effective treatment.
Underlying Factors of Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar & ADD
- Transcend the Mind-Body Separation
- Chemical & Hormonal Imbalances
- Beyond Pharmaceutical Management
- Food: The Good, the Bad, and the Fake
- Lack of Sleep & Exercise
Recognizing When “Mental Illness” is Something Else
- Blood Sugar and Diabetes
- Genetic Variations
- Stress: A Holistic Approach
Nutritional & Integrative Mental Health Interventions
- Fats: Essential Fatty Acids, Toxic Fats, Fish Oil
- Protein: Tyrosine, Tryptohan, and Other Amino Acids Necessary for Happiness
- Carbohydrates: The True Complex Carbohydrates, Inositol
- Vitamins: B Vitamins, 5-MT HF, Vitamin D
- Minerals: Magnesium, Calcium, Zinc, Iodine
- Supplemental Activated Nutrients: GABA, 5-HTP, SAM e
- Other Strategies: St. John’s Wort, Theanine
- Keeping your Clients Safe: Pharmaceutical Interactions with Popular Supplements
- Exercise: Elevate Serotonin & Regulate Stress Hormones
- Sleep: The 4 Essential Habits for Refreshing Sleep
Non-Pharmaceutical Treatment Plans for:
Building an Integrative Health Team
- When to Refer
- Who to Refer a Client To
- Where to Find the Right Provider
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Dr. Anne Procyk, ND, is a naturopathic physician practicing nutritional and integrative medicine to treat mental health disorders at Third Stone Integrative Health Center. She is on the forefront in understanding the complex relationships between physical and mental health. Dr. Procyk’s thorough understanding of the latest research combined with her daily clinical experience give her the ability to translate voluminous and sometimes contradictory information into clear and effective strategies for real world patients. She has given numerous lectures, has been featured in a number of books and made several television appearances. Dr. Procyk is a sought after leading expert in integrative strategies for dealing with depression, bipolar, and ADHD, She is a dynamic speaker who will inspire you to apply your new tools and transform your practice.
Dr. Procyk founded and currently sees patients at Third Stone Integrative Health Center in Essex, CT. She earned her doctorate at National College of Naturopathic medicine and graduated cum laude from Carleton College with degrees in chemistry and medical ethics. She is a member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, the Connecticut Naturopathic Physicians Association, and the Association for the Advancement of Restorative Medicine.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe.
Individual Training Pack 6 CPD Hours – £160.99