Featuring Daniel J. Siegel, M.D.
- Internationally-recognized authority and pioneer of interpersonal neurobiology
- The world’s leading expert and best-selling author on the confluence of neuroscience, mindfulness and psychotherapy
- Has lectured for His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Pope John Paul II and the King of Thailand
- Featured in Time, Newsweek, The New York Times, The Boston Globe and Oprah magazine
“A gifted and sensitive clinician as well as a master synthesizer of research findings from neuroscience and child development.”
—Daniel Goleman, Ph.D., author of Emotional Intelligence
Recent findings from neuroscience show that neural integration is impaired in psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and autism. Join Daniel J. Siegel, M.D., for this revolutionary seminar, where you will learn about Mindsight, a new approach to psychotherapy based on Dr. Siegel’s pioneering work in Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB).
Learn how neural integration and the power of the therapeutic relationship combined with the right skills can create new and lasting changes in the brain, the mind and relationships.
Dr. Siegel is the leading authority on Interpersonal Neurobiology, and his work is changing our understanding of the brain and improving the outcomes of psychotherapy. Mindsight comes from his years of research and clinical practice in the areas of mindfulness, neuroscience and attachment. Daniel Goleman, Ph.D., author of Emotional Intelligence, compares the potential of Mindsight to Darwin’s theory of evolution and Freud’s theory of the unconscious.
- Explain the central role of neural integration in the creation of health.
- Identify states of chaos and rigidity that are present when integration is impaired.
- Define “mind” and “well-being.”
- Identify eight domains of integration and how these can be the focus of clinical assessment and intervention.
- What is the mind and why is it missing from the field of mental health?
- A working definition of the mind and well-being
- Interpersonal Neurobiology
- An interdisciplinary view of how seeing the mind can promote “neural integration” at the heart of health
- Approaching clinical assessment and intervention
- Harnessing the power of neuroplasticity to transform people’s lives
- The Domains of Integration:
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Daniel J. Siegel, M.D., is a graduate of Harvard Medical School and completed his postgraduate medical education at UCLA with training in paediatrics and child, adolescent, and adult psychiatry. He is currently a clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine, founding co-director of UCLA’s Mindful Awareness Research Centre, founding co-investigator at the UCLA Centre for Culture, Brain and Development, and executive director of the Mindsight Institute, an educational centre devoted to promoting insight, compassion, and empathy in individuals, families, institutions, and communities.
Dr. Siegel’s psychotherapy practice spans thirty years, and he has published extensively for the professional audience. He serves as the Founding Editor for the Norton Professional Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology which includes over three dozen textbooks. Dr. Siegel’s books include Mindsight, Pocket Guide to Interpersonal Neurobiology, The Developing Mind, Second Edition, The Mindful Therapist, The Mindful Brain, Parenting form the Inside Out(with Mary Hartzell, M.Ed.), and the three New York Times best-sellers: Brainstorm, The Whole-Brain Child (with Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.), and his latest No-Drama Discipline (with Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D). He has been invited to lecture for the King of Thailand, Pope John Paul II, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Google University, and TEDx.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe.
Individual Training Pack 6 CPD Hours – £153.00