- Strategies to resolve sexual secrets: Infidelity, pornography, fetishes & more
- Counseling techniques to treat sexual trauma
- Help cope with low sex drive, low libido, and a sexless marriage due to trauma or crisis
- Leave feeling confident and ready to talk about sex with your clients
Are you having trouble talking about sex with your clients?
Do you want to learn how to approach sex in counseling?
Do you welcome discussion of low sexual desire, extra-marital affairs, misuse of porn, anxiety about not having the right kind of orgasm, or how to heal from sexual trauma?
Many clients report a desire to approach sexual concerns and problems within the therapy session, however they are often never asked. Join relationship and sex expert, Tanisha Sapp, LPC, NCC, AASECT, and learn how to feel confident and open with sexual discussions, providing a thorough sexual assessment, and utilizing psychosexual strategies and techniques to resolve sexual problems. She will incorporate many experiential exercises and case scenarios throughout the workshop.
In this workshop you will gain confidence in addressing the range of sexual problems which affect more than 50% of your clients. No matter the age, sexual orientation, or sexual concern, sexuality should play a positive role in your client’s life and relationship. This workshop operates from a sex-positive perspective and explores the ideas of desire, pleasure, eroticism and sexual satisfaction.
- Distinguish between sexual dysfunction and performance anxiety.
- Implement strategies to lead the conversation about sex in counseling.
- Assess for sexual desire and tackle the taboo subjects such as the misuse of pornography and affairs and how to recover from them.
- Identify barriers to client functioning and learn strategies to overcoming those barriers.
- Demonstrate skills and techniques to be used with clients in practice to promote desire, pleasure, eroticism, and sexual satisfaction.
- Evaluate client functioning through the use of a thorough sexual history.
Let’s Talk About Sex
- Learn your own barriers
- Myths and misconceptions
- Desire, pleasure, eroticism, and sexual satisfaction
- Taking a sex-positive approach
Assess the Situation
- Conducting a thorough sexual history with ease
- Sexual arousal and desire disorders
- Normal functioning vs abnormal functioning
- Develop a treatment plan, identify strengths, vulnerabilities and needs
Sexual Challenges in Therapy
- Take responsibility and addressing guilt and shame
- Desire, arousal, frequency and sexual power struggles
- Confront avoidance and addressing fear, shame and vulnerability
- Care coordination and client retention:
- When to refer and to whom
Keeping Sexual Secrets
- Infidelity: Emotional and physical recovery
- Pornography, fetishes, prostitution, addictions, and other sexually deviant behaviors
- Sexual orientation and identity
- Polyamory and open relationships
Sexual Trauma and Relationship Crisis
- Identify sexual trauma
- Identify and address relationship crises
- Teach couples to have healthy sex post crisis
- Engage the partner in treatment
- Address sexual dissatisfaction and sexual incompatibility
Treat Specific Populations
- Sexual issues with polyamorous clients
- Sexual issues with gay and lesbian clients
- Sexual issues with pansexual clients
- Sexual issues with infertility
- Skills and experiential exercises to enhance comfort and trust
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Tanisha Sapp, MA, LPC, NCC, AASECT, is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Marriage and Family Therapist, and Sex Therapist in the State of Georgia. She specializes in sexual trauma with a focus on arousal and desire disorders. She helps individuals and couples achieve optimal sexual functioning following a traumatic event or life crisis. Mrs. Sapp is currently an Adjunct Professor at Argosy University, Atlanta, and the owner of A New Level Empowerment and Consultation, LLC.
With over 14 years of experience in the human services field, Mrs. Sapp has a wealth of knowledge and experience that she loves to share with the world. She has presented at several professional conferences across the United States. She continues to develop and conduct several workshops and educate counselors across the nation.
Her professional memberships include the American Counseling Association, Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia, Chi Sigma Iota, and the American Association for Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists. Mrs. Sapp is currently completing her doctoral degree in Counselor Education and Supervision at Argosy University.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe.
Individual Training Pack 6 CPD Hours – £162.00