- Become more effective in treating anxiety, depression, ADHD, OCD, sleep and pain by incorporating mindfulness skills with evidence-based treatments
- First session strategies for anxiety - calm your clients with mindfulness interventions you can teach on their very first day of treatment!
- Implement a 4-step process to integrate Mindfulness into your practice
Enhance your treatment plans for anxiety, depression, ADHD, OCD, bipolar disorder, sleep, pain, and stress with brain-changing mindfulness skills tailored to the problems your clients face each day.
Watch this workshop and get detailed guidance on the hows, whys, and whens of incorporating core and advanced mindfulness skills into your clinical practice. Build your client education skills and improve therapeutic engagement with clear explanations regarding the neurobiology behind mindfulness. Interactive demonstrations and step-by-step instruction on specific interventions and exercises will give you the tools you need to treat a variety of disorders and populations. And the opportunity to practice under the direction of our instructor will boost your confidence in using your new skills. Better still, you’ll walk away with a four-step process that ties it all together, making what you’ve learned immediately relevant to your own work with clients.
- What is Neuroplasticity and why do we care?
- Cutting edge research that proves
- Mindfulness changes the brain for specific disorders
Clinical Application of Mindfulness Strategies to Specific Disorders
- Calm the arousal state and relax mind and body
- Reduce anxious thoughts
- Focus on the present
- Notice and decrease negative thoughts
- Shift and improve mood state
- Increase pleasure
- Notice and calm the arousal state
- Improve ability to stay grounded in the present
- Reduce traumatic thoughts
- Abort and prevent panic attacks
- Reduce frequency and intensity of panic attacks
- Bipolar Disorder
- Increase awareness of mood state
- Stabilize mood over time
- Increase awareness of obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors
- Decrease obsessional thinking and compulsions
- Improve concentration
- Increase task completion
- Reduce hyperactivity
- Calm the arousal state
- Lower the stress response
- Increase awareness of thoughts, emotions and physical body
- Manage anger
- Reduce intensity and frequency of anger
- Accept and embrace the pain
- Relax around the pain
- Distract from pain
- Remember wellness
- Calm busy thoughts
- Relax the mind and body
- Fall asleep and stay asleep
How to Integrate Mindfulness into Clinical Practice
- Introduce Mindfulness to Clients
- How to do the exercises with your client
- Techniques to increase client use of
- Mindfulness at home
- Strategies for processing what happens with your client
- Strategies to identify and overcome obstacles and resistance
- Motivate clients to engage in treatment with understandable psychoeducational explanations regarding the research and practices associated with mindfulness.
- Formulate treatment plans for anxiety that include mindfulness techniques that can be used to regulate the client’s arousal state.
- Integrate mindfulness interventions into therapy that can help depressed clients manage negative thoughts and reduce the risk of relapse.
- Articulate how mindfulness training can be used as an adjunctive therapy with evidence-based treatment to enhance attention in clients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Communicate how mindfulness-based approaches can help clients observe internal reactions and establish how this information can be used in the treatment of posttraumatic stress symptoms.
- Instruct clients with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) on the utilization of mindfulness skills that can facilitate disengagement from repetitive thoughts.
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Debra Burdick, LCSW, BCN, also known as ‘The Brain Lady’, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a board certified neurofeedback practitioner. Deb is an international speaker and author of the best-selling books, Mindfulness Skills Workbook for Clinicians and Clients: 111 Tools, Techniques, Activities & Worksheets, and Mindfulness Skills for Kids & Teens, A Workbook for Clinicians and Clients with 154 Tools, Techniques, Activities and Worksheets and has taught mindfulness skills to her clients for over 25 years.
She recently retired from her private practice, and previously worked at the Child Guidance Clinic, Family Services, Child and Family Agency, and Lawrence and Memorial Hospital.
Debra incorporates mindfulness skills in all areas of her practice. She initially became interested in mindfulness to deal with a chronic illness (now thankfully healed). She found it so helpful in her own life that she started teaching her clients the skills she was using. She went on to develop clinical material on mindfulness skills and created a four-step process for working with clients using mindfulness that she perfected in her private practice and in an intensive outpatient program. Her clients have shown her that mindfulness skills improve the rate and quality of treatment outcomes.
Debra has presented numerous presentations, workshops, and teleseminars. She is often interviewed on Internet radio and telesummits and her work has been featured in The Day newspaper, Self-Improvement Magazine, and “Parenting Powers” television show.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe.
Individual Training Pack 6 CPD Hours – £153.95